Two-Step-Verification is the mechanism that adds on to the Facebook family to give more privacy and security to Facebook users. It is the best way to make your own account safe from unwanted access.
Facebook is one of the most used apps all around the world. Users can create the account and use that account on multiple social media apps like Instagram etc. To give more privacy to your data that exists on the app this procedure comes into the market.
Password is a privacy measure but two-factor- verification works as the intimation to the user to be aware that your account login on any other device.
For example:-If you add the two-factor- verification on the Facebook account. When you access your Facebook account on another device at the same time you get the message on the registered number or the email from someone using your app. You need to give permission to access the account on another device. If any unauthorized user wants to access your account, you will get the notification and change the password on the current basis and save your account.
To enable two-factor authentication (2FA) on Facebook – follow the following steps
- Open your Facebook app on your mobile device
- Click on the 3 dots at the top right side corner
- Click on the Setting and Privacy option
- Click on the Password and Security option – It provides the various features that you apply to your Facebook account
- Click on the two-factor-authentication option
- Three options display on your screen
- Authentication app
- Text message [SMS]
- Security key
- Select the text message[SMS] option from the entire three options
- Now the login phone number displays on your screen if you want to add another number for verification. Add the contact number
- Now you will get the verification code on your selected and uploaded contact number
- Copy the verification six-digit codes from the message box.
- Apply your copy code on your Facebook account that can interconnect your app with the contact number you used for verification
- Now it will enable two-factor authentication on your Facebook account
Two-factor authentication is the best way to make your account more protected from unauthorized access. It is the double-layered feature that adds to your account. Sometimes while you open your social media account on some other user device. The user can log in and try to use any password. At the login time, the notification display asks permission to access. Until the registered number, you give permission no one will be able to use your Facebook account.